PM inaugurates Whitefield-Krishnarajapura Metro Line of Bangalore Metro, purchases ticket before taking ride
Land-for-jobs scam: Tejashwi Yadav leaves CBI office for lunch; goes to meet wife admitted in Delhi hospital
Shraddha murder: Father moves court seeking direction for supply of audio-video and fast track hearing
Crackdown against Amritpal: Jammu police detain 2 for having "links" with key aide of pro-Khalistan leader
"My name not Savarkar, it is Gandhi and Gandhi never offers an apology" Rahul Gandhi on LS disqualification
Amit Shah condemns ruckus in Lok Sabha over India-China LAC clash
New Delhi: Union Home Minister Amit Shah on Tuesday condemned the uproar by Opposition members in Parliament.
"Today in Lok Sabha Opposition did not allow Question Hour to run. I condemn this act. Parliamentary Affairs Minister clearly said that the Defence Minister will make a statement on this (Tawang faceoff) in the Parliament," he said. "The opposition raised the issue of India-China face off to avoid question being raised in Lok Sabha on FCRA violation by the Rajiv Gandhi foundation," Shah alleged.
The Union home minister said,"I saw the question hour list and after seeing question number 5, I understood the anxiety (of Congress). The question was regarding the cancellation of the Foreign Contribution Regulation Act (FCRA) licence of the Rajiv Gandhi Foundation (RGF)."
Shah highlighted that the sanction was struck off in view of the Home Ministry's regulations.
"If they would have allowed I would have given an answer in Parliament that Rajiv Gandhi Foundation received grant of Rs 1.35 crores from the Chinese Embassy during 2005-2007, which was not appropriate as per FCRA. So as per the rules, Home Ministry cancelled its registration," he added.
Earlier Speaker Om Birla adjourned the Lok Sabha till 12 pm on Tuesday amid a ruckus by the Opposition during Question Hour over the clash between troops of India and China along the Line of Actual Control at the Tawang border in Arunachal Pradesh.
Union Minister Pralhad Joshi said in the Lower House that Defence Minister Rajnath Singh will make a statement at 12 noon today.
Ahead of the start of proceedings today, the Defence Minister was briefed by Chief of Defence Staff General Anil Chauhan, and the service chiefs about the security situation.
Earlier in the day, Members of both the Rajya Sabha and the Lok Sabha gave notices under Rule 267 and Rule 176 of the Rules of Procedure for the suspension of business to conduct discussion on the December 9 clashes between the forces of India and China at the Tawang border.
The MPs including Ranjeet Ranjan, Randeep Singh Surjewala, L. Hanumanthaiah, Jebi Mather, Jajani Patil, Nasir Hussain, Manish Tewari, Manoj Kumar Jha and Priyanka Chaturvedi are among those who have sought discussion on the issue soon after both the houses assemble for the day.
The MPs have demanded to suspend Zero Hour and relevant rules relating to Question Hour and other businesses of the day to have discussion on the issue which need for immediate measures to combat such aggressions and protect India's interests along the international border.
The clash near Yangtse along the LAC in the sensitive sector took place last Friday amid the over 30-month border standoff between the two sides in eastern Ladakh.
"On December 9, PLA troops contacted the LAC in Tawang Sector which was contested by own (Indian) troops in a firm and resolute manner. This face-off led to minor injuries to few personnel from both sides," the Indian Army said in a statement.
"Both sides immediately disengaged from the area. As a follow up of the incident, own (Indian) commander in the area held a flag meeting with his counterpart to discuss the issue in accordance with structured mechanisms to restore peace and tranquillity," it said.
Meanwhile, Defence Minister Rajnath Singh on Tuesday held a high-level meeting with Chief of Defence Staff General Anil Chauhan and service chiefs. (ANI)