Rajasthan Panchayat elections: The election process will start with the release of public information on Wednesday to elect the village government. Voting for the first phase will be held on September 28.
Public information will be released on Wednesday for the Gram Panchayat elections-2020. With this, the election process will begin to choose the village government.
This election process, which starts from 16 September, will run till 10 October. These elections of 3848-gram panchayats of the state will be held in four phases (28 September, 3, 6, and 10 October). About 40 thousand policemen-home guards will be deployed for this.
Chief Electoral Officer Shyam Singh Rajpurohit informed that public information will be released on Wednesday in all district level, ARO, gram panchayats. In all the concerned Gram Panchayat, notice regarding election program will be pasted.
The notice will contain information about all programs related to the election. 1003 sarpanch and 9355 ward panch to be elected in the first phase.
Public information will be released on 16 September.
- Nomination papers will be filled on September 19 from 10 am to 5 pm.
- On September 20, the nomination papers will be reviewed.
- On September 20, you will be able to withdraw the name till 3 pm. On this day, election symbols will be allotted.
- On September 27, polling parties will leave for duty places.
- On September 28, voting will be held from 7.30 am to 5.30 am. The counting of votes will be done on the same day after the end of voting time.
- September 29 elections will be held for the Deputy Superintendent.
This time the Rajasthan Police will bear the responsibility of security system for the Gram Panchayat elections. For this, security forces will not be called from neighboring states or the center.
According to ADG Law and Order Saurabh Srivastava, a sufficient number of the police force is present in the state. This time for the first time panchayat elections, services of home guards of other states will not be taken.
Rajasthan police will take full command. After making the lockdown successful in the Corona era, the Gram Panchayat is a big challenge in front of the Rajasthan Police.