Thursday, April, 25,2024

Latest News

Drinking water supply connection to be given in multi-storey buildings soon

Jaipur: PHED Minister Dr Mahesh Joshi on Thursday said that drinking water supply connections will soon be given to multi-storied buildings of Rajasthan and around 20 lakh people will be benefitted soon. In Jaipur, a population of 10 lakh will be benefited from the decision.

While addressing a press conference, Dr Mahesh Joshi said that people living in multistoried apartments will have to give an application to the concerned Superintendent Engineer’s office on behalf of the Resident Welfare Association or through the concerned builder.

“The approved map of the multi-storey building will have to be given along with the application. A fee of Rs 25 per square foot will have to be paid on the total carpet area of the approved residential multi-storey building. Similarly, approved commercial multi-storey buildings will get water connections at the rate of Rs 42 per square foot,” said Minister Joshi.

“25% amount will have to be paid at the time of giving drinking water connection, while the remaining 75% amount will have to be paid in 60 instalments along with 9% simple interest per annum. Domestic drinking water demand in multi-storey buildings will be calculated according to 5 persons per flat in flats up to 1500 sq. feet carpet area,” added Dr Mahesh Joshi.

  Share on

Related News