Paytm ramps up credit distribution business focusing on big ticket loans in partnership with banks, NBFCs
Bills on Jammu and Kashmir aimed at providing justice, rights to those who were ignored: Amit Shah in Lok Sabha
"Sachin Pilot's phone was tapped by Rajasthan govt, he was being followed," claims Ashok Gehlot's OSD
"Very unfortunate choice of words": Karti Chidambaram demands apology from DMK MP on 'Gaumutra States' remarks
"BJP is only winning elections mainly in Hindi heartland...what we generally call 'Gaumutra' states": DMK MP Senthilkumar
President Ruto's visit seals 5 landmark MoUs, MEA Secy highlights strategic collaboration between India, Kenya
Indian banks continue to stand strong and resilient; over Rs 15,000 crore restituted to PSBs following ED action: Sitharaman
Rajasthan: Swift response of staff averts major fire accident at govt hospital in Jhalawar
Jhalawar: A major fire accident was averted at the Government Zanana Hospital in Rajasthan's Jhalawar after hospital staff immediately took control of a technical snag in the hospital's Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU), said an official.
"The incident took place at around 9 pm on Wednesday night in the Government Zanana Hospital. All of a sudden, smoke started coming out of the NICU after the matching circuit of a ventilator caught fire. The medical staff present took charge of the situation and quickly brought the fire under control," said NICU in-charge Dr. Naresh Kumar Meena.
Meena further said, "Eight newborns were present in the NICU when the incident took place. Fortunately, the fire was detected and a major accident was averted."
No casualties were reported, and all the newborns were safe, the NICU in charge said. However, due to the fire, a few bedsheets, mattresses, and some medical equipment were burned, he added.
Upon receiving the information, the hospital superintendent and a team of medical officers rushed to the scene. The situation, however, turned chaotic as relatives of the children feared a major mishap, which was avoided.
After the Kotwali police received information about the incident, Circle Inspector Bhuri Singh and Jabta reached the hospital and reviewed the situation.
In another incident, a woman was rushed to the hospital after being rescued from a high-story building following a fire that broke out in a residential area in the Ankur Vihar area of Ghaziabad past midnight, police said on Friday.
The incident took place at the parking area between two apartments in Ankur Vihar, and over a dozen vehicles were damaged, they said, adding that the firefighting personnel managed to completely douse the fire.
Fire Department officials said on reaching the site, they found vehicles parked in the ground floor parking of a four-story building were on fire and that vehicles parked in the ground parking adjacent to a four-story building located behind it had also caught fire.
The parking of these two buildings was connected to each other through a large mesh gate on the ground floor.
Five women and three men trapped in their houses were rescued with the help of police and locals, who pulled them out using a ladder.
Four four-wheelers and about eight two-wheelers parked in the parking lot on the ground floor of the four-story building number MM-53 were damaged in the fire.